Friday, September 24, 2010

Voltron Movie Concept Art! (Go Lion is originally from.. Japan!?!)

We all remember watching Voltron as a kid. Each show was the same formula. Voltron gets badly beaten by the enemy, clinging onto dear life and with his very last bit of energy, he pulls out his"Blazing Sword" to defeat his enemy.

I remember my father making fun of me for watching it because it was completely predictable. Nevertheless, when you are 8 years old, Voltron was the predecessor to the transformers and AWESOME.

Many people don't realize that Voltron is originally from Japan.
Peter Keefe licensed Beast King GoLion and Armored Fleet Dairugger XV, chopped it all up, edited it, dubbed it and Voila! A cartoon that is in as many pieces as the five original lions of Voltron.

Behold as Atlas Entertainment makes their pitch to the Hollywood studios for Voltron the movie. I wonder if Michael Bay is busy? We know Megan Fox isn't.


Concept Art from JoBlo.com

And finally an amazing treasure from my own collection. The eyecatch (commercial break), original production cel used in Go Lion. Even though I'm older than 8, I still love Voltron.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful blog. I love it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Blog Template by Jolt Studios