Our blog readers know that we love to showcase Bento lunches (especially around the holidays!)
The awesome people from Mark Batty Publishers sent us two of their popular bento books-
Face Food- The Visual Creativity of Japanese Bento Boxes and its' counterpart- Face Food Recipes- A How to Guide! by Christopher D Salyers
Face Food- The Visual Creativity of Japanese Bento Boxes showcases a variety of bentos in the form of charaben, Japanese character bento boxes, from a variety of persons- moms, dads, siblings, etc.
Each page has a different charaben with a brief interview with the bento "designer"- while the charaben bentos are remarkable to look out, I particularly loved the interviews, in which a common theme was the love of their children- their main reason for working anywhere from 30 minutes to hours on each bento!
The book also contains a couple make your own bento designs and instructions, however for the ultimate recipe book, you must get Face Food Recipes- A How to Guide! if you want to learn how to do Spiderman, Pokemon, Hello Kitty, anime characters and more (even Alphonso Muchos "Laurel" :)
Also includes a guide to tools needed and a glossary of terms! The directions are easy to follow and have beautiful pictures as well.
Like Bentos? We are giving away these TWO awesome bento books to one lucky winner!
Face Food- The Visual Creativity of Japanese Bento Boxes and its' counterpart- Face Food Recipes- a How to Guide! Hardcover by Christopher D Salyers
- Leave a comment answering- What charaben bento would you like to learn (or eat)?
(Wow, that is so easy!!!)
- Anonymous comments: leave your email address and first name in the comments (so I can reach you if you win!).
BONUS ENTRIES- Leave a separate comment for each bonus entry! Up to FOUR Bonus entries!
- Like Rinkya on Facebook
- Follow laurelrinkya on Twitter
- Rinkya user? Just let me know! BONUS entry for our Rinkya users!!
(Please note Rinkya users are users with a bidding account at Rinkya!)
Please remember to leave a separate comment for each entry!
- Contest closes on September 17th 11:59 PM US PST
- A random comment number winner will be chosen via Random.org (this is why you must leave a separate comment for EACH entry)
- Any duplicate entries that do not follow the rules will be deleted.